At 212 Media Studios, we believe that giving is more than just something you do every December. It’s really important, and can literally change both the recipient and the giver. That’s why this holiday season, 212 Media Studios is spending 12 days focusing exclusively on what it means to give.
Leaders set the tone for generosity in a company. When they are passionate about giving, it bleeds over into every other aspect of the company. When a business has generosity pumping through its veins, employees will have a heart for it too.
I asked two leaders at 212 why they feel giving is important. Here is what they said:
- “I want to make an impact in someone’s life.” —Justin Farrell, CEO
- “I want to leave a legacy.” —David Phelps, CMO
- “I want to bless others with what I have been blessed with.” —Farrell
- “I give because actions speak louder than words when it comes to loving others.” —Phelps
- “Giving isn’t just money. It can
be resources, skills, and time.” —Farrell
- “Nothing I own is really mine—being able to let it all go and help someone else is something I learned from my parents.” —Phelps
- “I want to support those who have supported me in the past (college, friends/missionaries, etc.).” —Farrell
- “Giving tends to have a snowball effect. Help one person, and you inspire the watching world to do the same.” —Phelps
- “How can I watch someone go without when it is in my power to satisfy his need?”—Phelps
- “Giving is a matter of the heart, not the brain.” —Farrell
- “I give because much has been given to me.” —Phelps
- “Little things can make a huge difference.” —Farrell
There you have it—12 reasons why two of our leaders give. Why do you give? Your motivation is almost as important as the act itself. If you give just because that’s what you do, you will never have the impact you’d have if you really meant it. Even if “leader” is not in your title, your genuine passion for giving can be contagious.
Please check out our earlier blog posts about giving here. And be sure to come back tomorrow for post eleven in the series.