Inbound marketing is like a snowball rolling down a mountain, gaining momentum and size with each passing year. It continues to make large waves with its popularity and effectiveness. Now more than ever before, it is imperative that your business is effectively utilizing this growing trend. Obviously, you do not have to take my word for this. I will use plenty of statistics to show you the evidence—and persuade you.
First, what exactly is inbound marketing? We’ve actually written a blog post to further explain the basics of it, but I will give you a quick version. Inbound marketing focuses on luring in customers from your target market instead of going out to find them. The entire focus is to earn the customer’s attention, whether through social media, SEO, blogging, or another relevant avenue.
That being said, here are five statistics sure to win your boss over to inbound marketing:
- B2B companies that regularly blog produce 67% more leads per month than companies that don’t. (http://goo.gl/VIsgnD)
- 90% of internet users find custom content to be useful. Likewise, 78% believe a business that uses custom content is interested in forming relationships. (http://goo.gl/k2fsdG)
- 41% of CEOs state that inbound marketing delivers measurable ROI. (HubSpot)
- Inbound marketing delivers three times the number of leads that outbound (traditional) marketing delivers per dollar. (http://goo.gl/3JT6Hc)
- Inbound marketing doubles the average site conversion rate (HubSpot)
A plethora of other statistics out there support inbound marketing—these are just five that I found to be very influential.
Do you use any inbound marketing tactics? What have your results looked like thus far?