Why would people buy from you if they don’t know who you are or why you’re better than your competition? Building trust to convert leads into sales requires time and a sound marketing strategy.
Too often, businesses end up with their backs against the wall because they’ve neglected marketing and need more customers. They then turn to marketing when their wellbeing, and the wellbeing of the employees who depend on them, is on the line.
When business owners attempt quick-fix, last-minute marketing solutions, one of three things usually happens:
- They pour money into marketing that fails because they don’t have any trust or brand awareness built up with potential customers.
- Their strategy increases business for a while, so they let their marketing slide and wind up in the same place again.
- They decide to do nothing because they don’t want to spend their dwindling resources on marketing, and their business continues to decline.
Generating leads takes long-term research and strategy. According to HubSpot, 63% of professional marketers say that their top challenge is generating traffic and leads—marketing takes effort! You must take the time to understand your target market, then deliver the right content at the right time to the right people. While this is an in-depth process, it doesn’t need to break the bank to be effective. Marketing is an investment, not an expense, and you will see a return if your investment is well planned.
What To Do About It
Here are two ways to get started:
- Research. Take advantage of the many free resources online that will help you build a marketing strategy. Here’s one of our free eBooks to get you on the right track.
- Find a partner. While you’re busy running your business, it’s difficult to make time for meaningful marketing, especially if you’re still learning what this looks like. Finding the right partner can revolutionize your business in ways you may not have been capable of on your own. Make sure your partners are willing to research and thoroughly strategize. They should use their expertise to inform you about what’s best for your organization and what will deliver the greatest returns for your investment.
Even if you don’t see results right away, you’re making a long-term impact on trust and brand awareness that will help you avoid slow times in the future.
If you need help creating your marketing strategy, we’d love to be the partner that comes alongside you and helps you succeed. Contact us today to get started!